Molasses Handling & Storage
Correct specification of tanks, pipework, pumps, metering systems and mixers are key to ease of molasses handling and application within the feed mill.
Storage and Distribution
- Receiving tanks should be of the correct capacity and easily assessable
- Pipe layout should not negatively impact molasses flow
- The importance of temperature can’t be underestimated
Metering and Pumping
- A positive displacement pump is best for molasses distribution
- Positioning of distribution pumps is key to correct application
Molasses Inclusion and Mixing
- Molasses viscosity impacts mixing times
- Application of molasses can occur at 2-3 different stages
- Molasses application to course rations works off a different principle than that applied to meals.